UK-based illustrator and designer with a love of all things brightly coloured.
I have over two decades of experience as an illustrator, digital artist and graphic designer working across a range of sectors and specialisms.
I love the challenge of taking intricate concepts and boiling them down to their simplest form. I use shape, texture and colour to catch the eye and convey messages in a clear and impactful way. In short, my work isn’t just about looking good – it’s about making complex ideas easy to understand and enjoy.
I particularly enjoy working with ethical and socially-minded businesses and not-for-profit organisations. If you work hard to create a better world, educate people or improve life for others then I’d love to use my skills to help you do that.
I also create and produce my own product range including cards, calendars and homewares which I sell online.
When I’m not designing I like to cook, get outdoors, potter in my garden, clock up the kilometres on my bike, visit an art gallery or go and see a gig – the louder and more guitary the better. I try to get to a couple of rugby matches and some motorsport during the year and love a pub quiz. In many ways I was born in the wrong era – I love and am influenced by, second-hand books, mid-century ceramics, and colourful 1960s melamine and I often watch old sci-fi movies while I work, Destination Moon is one of my favourites, look it up, you’ll love it!
- CAFOD World Gifts
- The Children’s Society
- Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Save The Children
- The Ethical Property Company
- Global’s Make Some Noise
- PSHE Association
Corporate and Commercial:
- Oxford University
- The Design Museum
- Classic FM
- The Salters’ Institute
- 3M Post-It Notes
- Period Box
- EarthKind Haircare
- Active Essex
Publishing and Editorial:
- Penguin Random House
- Oxford University Press
- WI Life Magazine
- Bulletin Magazine
- Hayhouse Publishing
- Look Local Magazines
- Think Publishing
Ten things you might not know about me
- Looking at pointy objects gives me a headache
- Dawdling, indecisive people drive me crazy
- I played rugby at school and have the scars to prove it
- I sing along to my music when I’m out running
- My socks never match and are always brightly coloured
- I rarely follow a recipe when I’m cooking
- One day I will own 1955 gullwing Mercedes 300SL
- When I go shopping I always forget something, even if I make a list!
- I grind my teeth in my sleep
- I could happily watch The Princess Bride every day for the rest of time
I draw on my iPad, in my sketchbook, with marker pens, with paint, at life drawing classes and sometimes straight into the computer.
They are experiments, a daily practice and how I will usually start all commissioned work.
Some are loose and inky and others are more fully formed – artwork in their own right.