UK based illustrator and graphic designer with a love of all things brightly-coloured.
I have over 15 years experience as an illustrator and graphic designer both working for myself and working for design and advertising agencies in the UK and across the world. I work across a range of disciplines and markets, including, but not limited to:
• branding and identity
• brochures and websites
• editorial illustration
• surface pattern design
• publishing and books
• merchandise and products
• multimedia and animation
I also create and produce my own product range including cards, calendars and homewares and sell this both online and in selected high street shops.
My work plays heavily on colour and imagination and I love to use simple shapes, colours and textures to communicate messages, stories, personalities and emotions.
When I’m not designing I like to cook, get outdoors either running or walking, ride my bright yellow bicycle, visit an art gallery or go and see a gig – the louder and more guitary the better. I try to get to a couple of rugby matches and some motorsport during the year and love a pub quiz. In many ways I was born in the wrong era – I love, and am influenced by, second hand books, mid-century ceramics, colourful 1960s melamine and I often watch old sci-fi movies while I work, Destination Moon is one of my favourites, look it up, you’ll love it!
10 things you might not know about me
- Looking at pointy objects gives me a headache
- Dawdling, indecisive people drive me crazy
- I played rugby at school and have the scars to prove it
- I sing along to my music when I’m out running
- My socks never match and are always brightly coloured
- I rarely follow a recipe when I’m cooking
- One day I will own 1955 gullwing Mercedes 300SL
- When I go shopping I always forget something, even if I make a list!
- I grind my teeth in my sleep
- I could happily watch The Princess Bride every day for the rest of time