UK based illustrator and graphic designer with a love of all things brightly-coloured.
I have over 15 years experience as an illustrator and graphic designer both working for myself and working for design and advertising agencies in the UK and across the world. I work across a range of disciplines and markets, including:
• books and magazines
• merchandise and products
• brochures and websites
I particularly enjoy working with ethical and socially-minded businesses and not for profit organisations. If you work hard to create a better world, educate people or improve life for others then I’d love to use my skills help you do that.
I also create and produce my own product range including cards, calendars and homewares and sell this online.
When I’m not designing I like to cook, get outdoors, potter in my garden, ride my bright yellow bicycle, visit an art gallery or go and see a gig – the louder and more guitary the better. I try to get to a couple of rugby matches and some motorsport during the year and love a pub quiz. In many ways I was born in the wrong era – I love, and am influenced by, second hand books, mid-century ceramics, colourful 1960s melamine and I often watch old sci-fi movies while I work, Destination Moon is one of my favourites, look it up, you’ll love it!
10 things you might not know about me
- Looking at pointy objects gives me a headache
- Dawdling, indecisive people drive me crazy
- I played rugby at school and have the scars to prove it
- I sing along to my music when I’m out running
- My socks never match and are always brightly coloured
- I rarely follow a recipe when I’m cooking
- One day I will own 1955 gullwing Mercedes 300SL
- When I go shopping I always forget something, even if I make a list!
- I grind my teeth in my sleep
- I could happily watch The Princess Bride every day for the rest of time